Wednesday, December 22, 2004

December 22, 2004

Today on the hike was very short. It wasn’t the best hike I have ever taken. It was another day that was not as windy as the day before. The hike that we did was called the Toro hike and had a few up hills on the way. We also had to do quite a bit of bush wacking. One time I was just walking along and someone bushed a branch out of their way, and it wacked me in the face. When we first started out the hike, we had to turn all the way back around because our guide went the wrong way. The trails also had a lot of horse poo, and it was also a little bit muddy. This afternoon I’m going to go on another horse back ride all by myself. We met some people who are also going to be going and they said that I could stay with them until I come back to my parents. I finally get some freedom and get to be on my own for the first time in my life. YES!

We went to this little museum that told about the history about the hike that we had just done. The museum wasn’t very big for its size. It also didn’t tell a whole lot of info. But then we had to come back to the hotel and we get to relax before we get to have any lunch. So far, I would say that today went pretty well with all the hikers that came along with us. I think that our group did well.

-- Marina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Debbie - Jessica's sister. . . I'm so glad Jess told me about your blog. I will be awaiting each day's entries and photos!

Marina - I bet Flat Stanley isn't sore from hiking!