We have completed our trilogy of weddings in lands of ice, fire and wind, among friends and new friends. It’s difficult to top Antarctica. Nonetheless, this was a celebration so different as to be incomparable. Jessica tells the story best. I’ll add only my cursory comments.
I think this is a tradition all people planning marriage should follow. While some couples find it meaningful to “renew” their vows, we have found that only after saying them three times, we find it unimaginable we should ever need a renewing. Moreover, one may find marriage surreal, especially as the groom, such that afterwards one thinks, “did I really do this?” Do it three times, and the answer is a resounding “yes.”
As they say, “third time IS charm.” I must admit, this was a charmed ceremony Jessica’s best friend arranged. We are truly blessed with good friends. It’s difficult to top Antarctica. This was the bride and groom atop the cake.
David
No comments:
Post a Comment